James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C.
Call now for further information & a free consultation
Local: 304-881-0652
Toll Free: 877-341-2595

What can you do if the driver didn't have insurance?

It is bad enough when a Charleston, West Virginia, resident is involved in an accident that is caused by a negligent or reckless driver. Even though the victim can pursue compensation from the responsible party through a personal injury case, there is still a lot of time, stress and heartache involved in recovering from a car accident.

What is worse, though, is when a victim discovers that the person who acted negligently was also irresponsible in that he or she either was not carrying automobile insurance or was not carrying nearly enough insurance to pay off the damages he or she caused through negligent driving. The victim may at this point be wondering how they are going to be able to make ends meet without, for instance, replacement income.

Fortunately, many West Virginia drivers carry what is called uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, as buying this coverage is generally a smart financial decision. If the victim did make this investment, then our law office is available to help the victim file a claim for benefits under his or her own insurance policy. This extra compensation may be a lifesaver when there is simply no way the negligent driver responsible for the accident will be able to pay.

Our goal in these types of cases is to get our clients the most compensation to which they are legally entitled. Of course, insurance companies often are reluctant to pay uninsured and underinsured motorist benefits for a lot of reasons, but our office will use our legal knowledge and skill in our efforts to get our clients the compensation they need and deserve.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Contact Information

112 Capitol Street
2nd Floor
Charleston, WV 25301

Phone: 304-347-5050
Fax: 304-347-5055
Map & Directions