James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C.
Call now for further information & a free consultation
Local: 304-347-5050
Toll Free: 877-341-2595

March 2017 Archives

Can I file a lawsuit after a slip and fall accident?

When you walk onto someone else's property, you expect that the owner of the property has properly maintained the premises. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Many negligent property owners in West Virginia fail to make their property safe for visitors or ignore dangerous conditions until it's too late.

Nursing home fatality leads to wrongful death lawsuit

Many West Virginia families entrust a nursing home with their loved one's care. When nursing home professionals fail to properly care for their residents, though, harm and death can result. When an elderly loved one is lost to nursing home neglect, a surviving family has the right to bring a wrongful death suit against the nursing home. Eastbrook Center, a Charleston health center, is being sued under this legal theory, as well as reckless misconduct, after the death of a resident.

AAA finds 'hangover' effect among distracted drivers

West Virginia families are torn apart every day due to the loss of a loved ones in a car accidents. Statistics show that 2016 had the highest number of road fatalities over the past decade with just over 40,000 deaths. One reason for the rise in fatalities is the increase in cell phone usage in America. As of 2014, 80 percent of drivers stated that they owned a cell phone. Many of these fatal car accidents are caused by drivers using a cell phone.

Trucker sued for negligence after West Virginia accident

Truck accidents are some of the most devastating roadway crashes due to the size and weight of the trucks. These accidents can keep victims out of work for months as they recover from their injuries, which can be emotionally and physically painful.

Helping you navigate an action following a spinal cord injury

Suffering an injury in an accident can be a difficult event to overcome for West Virginia residents. While many injuries are recoverable, there are some severe injuries that have no known cure or remedy. Thus, those suffering these types of injuries must endure the pain and other problems associated with the injury. Additionally, that person may require ongoing medical care for the rest of his or her life.

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Contact Information

112 Capitol Street
2nd Floor
Charleston, WV 25301

Phone: 304-347-5050
Fax: 304-347-5055
Map & Directions