James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C.
Call now for further information & a free consultation
Local: 304-347-5050
Toll Free: 877-341-2595

February 2015 Archives

How do I handle insurance after a car accident?

Motor vehicle accidents are common throughout West Virginia. However, most people are not involved in multiple accidents over a short period of time. For example, some people may be involved in more than one accident during their lifetime but, even then, the accidents are likely spread out over months, years or even decades of the person's life. This means that few drivers are experienced in exactly what they need to do after an accident.

Truck accident wreaks havoc on Charleston drivers

When a semi-truck accident occurs, most people probably worry about the injuries and damages that are caused by the impact between the truck and any other vehicles. In many accidents, the impact itself causes injuries and death. This is especially true when a large truck is involved in an accident with a smaller vehicle like a car or SUV. But, truck accidents can cause injuries to other drivers even after the initial impact occurs.

Spinal cord injuries and the rehabilitation process

Whether it is a fall, a car accident, a workplace accident or a sports injury, spinal cord injuries can be considered some of the most devastating injuries out there, particularly when they lead to lifelong consequences. For those in West Virginia who survive a spinal cord injury, the rehabilitation process is an especially important -- and ultimately expensive -- factor in returning to daily functioning. The main goals of rehabilitation include maximizing the person's physical abilities, preventing secondary complications and returning the injured victim to their community.

Kanawha County woman sues for wrongful death

When a person moves their loved one to a nursing home, they trust that the staff at the home will properly care for the person. Many people think of nursing homes as places where older people go to live out their last few years. But, these facilities can also be a temporary or more permanent home for people who need ongoing medical care and supervision.

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Contact Information

112 Capitol Street
2nd Floor
Charleston, WV 25301

Phone: 304-347-5050
Fax: 304-347-5055
Map & Directions