In the past, asbestos was used widely in building materials, products and processes. Workers in many industries from shipyards to steel plants in West Virginia were exposed to asbestos. A large percentage of them suffered from serious illnesses such as mesothelioma or died as a result of their exposure. You may be one of them.
James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C., has successfully represented many individuals and families that suffered losses from diseases such as mesothelioma and lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. From our office in Charleston, West Virginia, we serve clients across the country.
Call 304-881-0652 or complete our online form to schedule a free consultation.
Asbestos Causes Mesothelioma. We Help You Get Paid.
It is well-known and documented in the medical profession that mesothelioma develops as a result of exposure to asbestos. Many workers breathed in dust containing asbestos. The dangers of asbestos were known for decades before it was banned. Companies that knew of the dangers, but did not alert workers are potentially liable for resulting injuries.
While asbestos is no longer widely used, workers may still suffer from asbestos-related illnesses due to exposure in the past. Mesothelioma symptoms typically appear 15 to 30 years or longer after exposure to asbestos.
The list of workers who have been exposed to asbestos is long and includes:
- Power plant workers: Power companies used asbestos in insulation, to cover pipes, in protective clothing and blankets, and in construction products such as concrete, fireproofing, joint compounds and plaster.
- Chemical plant workers: Asbestos was commonly used in chemical plants in insulation, protective clothing, blankets and construction.
- Steel mill workers: Asbestos was widely used in insulation and protective clothing worn by steel workers.
- Electricians: Electricians encounter asbestos when routing electrical wires and cables through insulation.
- Spouses: Spouses of workers were exposed to asbestos fibers when washing clothing worn by exposed workers.
We Represent Workers Who Were Exposed Decades Ago
Many of our clients who suffered lung damage through exposure to asbestos are already deceased or retired. Successful representation in these cases involves tracing the exposure to asbestos to responsible employers and manufacturers. James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C., maintains an extensive database of information about workplaces and products that puts our clients at an early advantage once we take a case.
Choosing an asbestos attorney: Other lawyers in West Virginia and elsewhere often refer clients to our law firm. They know we have the knowledge and resources to bring successful claims and lawsuits on behalf of mesothelioma and lung cancer victims.
Calling Us Sooner Rather Than Later Never Hurts. Call For Free.
Was your husband, father, wife or mother diagnosed with mesothelioma in West Virginia or elsewhere? From offices in Charleston, West Virginia, our law firm handles cases for clients throughout the United States.