Depending on the size and speed of the vehicles involved, an auto accident can result in catastrophic injuries and devastating property damage. Our firm is well-equipped to handle serious accidents involving traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis or even death. If you or a loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident, trust our firm to pursue your maximum monetary compensation.
At James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C., our Charleston car accident attorneys have been helping car accident victims for more than 25 years. Whether you were injured or you lost a loved one to wrongful death, you can turn to us for compassion and legal guidance during this difficult time.
Please contact us to discuss your case with a Charleston, West Virginia, car accident attorney. Call 304-881-0652 or send us your information.
You Can Rely On Our Experience And Knowledge In Car Accident Cases
We have the experience to represent you in any type of motor vehicle accident, including:
- Truck accidents: Few vehicle accidents are as devastating as those involving semis and other large trucks.
- Motorcycle accidents: Other drivers and their insurance companies often try to shift blame to the motorcyclist following a collision. To protect your rights, seek prompt legal representation.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists have the same rights on West Virginia roads as motorists. If you are injured by a negligent driver, you deserve compensation.
- Pedestrian accidents: Distracted drivers often fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Drunk driving accidents: Drunk drivers may be liable for punitive damages for the reckless behavior of driving while intoxicated.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist accidents: An increasing number of drivers on West Virginia roads are uninsured or carry only the minimal amount of coverage.
- Rollover accidents: Rollover accidents occur most often in multicar collisions when one vehicle clips the vehicle behind it when changing lanes on a freeway.
In addition, we represent individuals who have suffered life-changing, catastrophic injuries as well as families who have lost loved ones in fatal car accidents.
With our experience, we understand the importance of a timely and thorough investigation of the accident. When appropriate, our lawyers work with engineers, accident reconstruction experts and other professionals to determine the cause of the accident. We also have a network of medical and financial experts who help us value your current and future losses. This is a critical step in calculating the amount of compensation you and your family will need for medical bills, pain and suffering and lost wages.
Insurance Companies Don't Always Live Up To The Promises They Make
It is in an insurance carrier's best interest to cast itself in a positive light. Through television commercials, billboards or Internet marketing, insurance companies will position themselves as organizations dedicated to protecting your future financial well-being after a motor vehicle accident. It is important to remember, however, that an insurance company is still a company. Its main goal is to remain profitable. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for an insurance carrier to delay, devalue or deny a claim. You need an experienced attorney on your side to fight to ensure you are treated fairly and you receive the monetary compensation you are owed. Do not sign any paperwork until a lawyer has reviewed it. We can advise you whether or not to accept a settlement.
Whether you've been with your insurance carrier for one year or 20, it has the obligation to fully investigate your situation before accepting or rejecting your claim. If the proper investigation is not made, it is referred to as bad faith. It is not uncommon for a policyholder to take legal action against his or her own insurance company. Our attorneys have experience deciphering the intricacies of insurance policies and guiding clients through the claims process. Do not hesitate to contact our firm to discuss your unique situation and hear an honest case assessment from our lawyers.
After Your Accident, Talk To Our Lawyers For Free
To schedule a free consultation, please call 304-881-0652, or contact us online. We represent people in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky.